Mr. Yogesh Kanchgar
Since 1992 I was representing Maharashtra State for Long Distance Road Races and my favorite sport Triathlon.
I had privilege of being Trained under Able hands of Coach Ravi Bagdi. He is currently the President of Mumbai Schools Sports Association (MSSA).
Running was always my passion and Fitness my only agenda in life. I use to be laughing stock for my Near ones and friends as I use to run long distances on road all alone. Life has taken a full circle now and same friends come and ask me how to run long distance marathons.
My professional career started with BPL Communications, then I worked with Airtel and Finally with Orange. I had played Corporate tournaments for my Employers mainly in sports like Cricket and Rugby. I also represented my Employers for Short Distance Races and Marathons.
Down Memory Lane I completed my First Marathon during Era when Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon was about to start way back in 2003. I never stopped after my first SCMM Marathon, I went on Running Full Marathons, Half Marathons and many 10Kms runs on Pan India basis.
I always Believed in Scientific based training and implementing it on my training regime and while training others. It’s my belief that if someone has come to train under me, then he has reposed tremendous faith in me and it is my moral responsibility to commit myself fully into that training and make him excel in that sport or skill.
I’m fortunate to be trained under Best Strength and Conditioning Trainers of India like:
- Late Rajesh Sawant was Strength and conditioning Trainer with BCCI and MCA
- Milind Vaze was Strength and conditioning Trainer with MCA
- Rahul Pathwardhan was Strength and conditioning Trainer with BCCI and MCA
- Amogh Pandit Strength and conditioning Trainer with Rajasthan Royals (IPL), MCA and ex India u19 Cricket Team
Below are my certifications:
- Certified Marathon Trainer (American College of Sports Medicine)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (Sporting Spirit Dr Kinjal Suratwala)
- Certified Functional Trainer Level 1 & 2
- Certified Basic Yoga Trainer (Yoga Institute Santacruz)
- Studied Strength & Conditioning from National Strength and Conditioning Association (USA)